Utah has a diverse travel and tourism industry, which generates jobs and income for Utah residents and produces tax revenue for the state.” Those figures are according to the University of Utah Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute’s Tourism Industry Profile for 2016. The report’s county profiles include data on travel-related spending, tax revenue, jobs and wages for each of the 29 counties and should assist DMOs in preparing their businesses cases to justify their budget requests.
For more information regarding this report, please see the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute.
Additional Utah tourism research information:
- The State of Utah’s Travel and Tourism Industry, 2017
- TNS Visitor Profile CY2015
- 2017 Economic Report to the Governor – Travel, Tourism and Recreation on pages 128-131
- County and City Monthly Tax Distributions
- Utah Tourism Data Sheet
- Utah Tourism Rankings by County
- Year-over Percent Change by County (2012-2014)
- Utah National Park and Place Visitation
- Tourism Profiles by County
- Tourism-Related Tax Revenues in Utah
- “The Road to Mighty™: How we measure success”
Research Contact Information:
Andy Adelman, Business Intelligence and Research Analyst