What is Forever Mighty®?
Forever Mighty is a position, an initiative, and an ethic to ensure resilient destinations and sustainable growth in Utah. With rising visitation and awareness of all that Utah has to offer, it’s more important than ever to protect our treasured places, communities and cultures. It all starts by educating visitors and residents about responsible travel to minimize impacts on our state’s cultural and natural resources. By increasing awareness and education, we can create a perpetual tourism economy while protecting our natural wonders for generations to come.
The Forever Mighty initiative encourages travelers to explore Utah thoughtfully and safely by being well prepared, treating our delicate ecosystems and cultural and archeological sites with respect, and engaging with local communities they are visiting. It also inspires residents, visitors, business and industry stakeholders to take an active role in preserving and enriching Utah through advocacy, ambassadorship, and stewardship.
Forever Mighty Ethics
There are simple actions both residents and visitors can take to explore Utah thoughtfully.
- Encourage responsible and prepared travel, the principles of Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly.
- Foster pride in place among locals and visitors alike.
- Support the local economy and locally owned businesses.
- Celebrate diversity by respecting communities as visitors and welcoming all types of visitors as a destination.
- Encourage and practice well-prepared visitation to lesser-visited destinations, guided exploration, and visiting in the off-season.