The mission of the Utah Cooperative Marketing Program is to leverage state and co-op partner funding
to attract out-of-state visitors to increase tourism expenditures
Stretch your out-of-state marketing dollars by partnering with the Utah Office of Tourism (UOT). Destination marketing organizations and non-profit tourism-related entities (in existence for one year or more) are eligible to apply for up to $275,000 in matching money for out-of-state promotions. The intent of the cooperative program is not only to market your project, area, or event but also to extend the brand of the state. We are excited to help fund your project and see the tourism and economic gains you and your organization can provide to the residents of Utah.
Typically an out-of-state marketing only program, the Co-op program now allows a portion of every 2021 application to include either 15% of the total project cost or up to $35,000, whichever amount is greater, to go towards in-state marketing. Joint applications are encouraged as long as no individual contributor goes over the $275,000 cap. Joint applications are also eligible for the 15% vs. $35,000 in-state marketing option.
To date, the UOT has funded 803 applications totaling $43,561,774 and extended the state’s brand to $87,123,548 in out-of-state marketing dollars.
New applicants must attend a short webinar training to gain access to the application system. We invite returning applicants to participate in the training as a refresher course as well as to learn about new updates to the program. To be notified about the upcoming training webinar and additional co-op opportunities, please send an email to Kelly Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Utah Traditional Co-op Program Important Information:
- The 2021 application process opens May 17, 2021.
- Applicants can apply for up to $275,000 in matching marketing money.
- 2021 Co-op Application Deadline: June 30, 2021.
- The Utah Traditional Co-op Program allows a portion of every 2021 application to include either 15% of the total project cost or up to $35,000, whichever amount is greater, to go towards in-state marketing. We encourage joint applications as long as no individual contributor goes over the $275,000 cap. Joint applications would also be eligible for the 15% vs. $35,000 in-state marketing option.
- In-state Marketing Options for Round 2021 Co-op Applications – Love Communications
- Applicant interviews will be scheduled for July 26 & 27, 2021.
- All applicants currently working toward their final reports will be given leniency on their ROI metrics for any projects that have been negatively affected by the pandemic.
- 2021 Co-op Program Guidelines
- Co-op Extranet Application Program (Access your existing applications or apply for new money)
- Utah Tourism Industry Metrics/Research
- Utah Brand Logos
- Board of Tourism Development
- Round 2017 Co-op Awards
- Round 2018 Co-op Awards
- Round 2019 Co-op Awards
- Round 2020 Co-op Awards
Traditional Co-op Program Contact:
Kelly Day, Cooperative Marketing Manager