The mission of the Utah Cooperative Marketing Program is to leverage state and co-op partner funding
to attract out-of-state visitors to increase tourism expenditures
NOW ACCEPTING ROUND 2020 CO-OP APPLICATIONS
Stretch your out-of-state marketing dollars by partnering with the Utah Office of Tourism (UOT). Destination marketing organizations and non-profit tourism-related entities (in existence for one year or more) are eligible to apply for up to $275,000 in matching money for out-of-state promotions. The intent of the cooperative program is not only to market your project, area, or event but also to extend the brand of the state. We are excited to help fund your project and see the tourism and economic gains you and your organization can provide to the residents of Utah.
To date, the UOT has funded 731 applications totaling $38,550,013 and extended the state’s brand to $77,100,026 in out-of-state marketing dollars.
New applicants must attend a short webinar training to gain access to the application system. We invite returning applicants to participate in the training as a refresher course as well as to learn about new updates to the program. To be notified about the upcoming training webinar and additional co-op opportunities, please send an email to Kelly Day at email@example.com.
2020 Utah CARES Traditional Co-op Program Important Information:
CARES funding provided by the legislature will be used to provide co-op marketing opportunities with the intent of reducing the COVID-19 impact on local economies, including:
Matching money for your marketing campaigns aimed at reducing the COVID 19 impact to Utah’s tourism economy available to non-profit, tourism-related organizations.
For the first time in the history of the Utah Co-op Marketing program, matching money is now available for both in-state and out-of-state marketing.
Awards distribution will now be at 75% of the award in an initial payment and 25% in the final payment.
- The 2020 application deadline is June 25, 2020.
- The Utah CARES Traditional Co-op Program will now allow a portion of every 2020 application to include either 15% of the total project cost or up to $35,000, whichever amount is greater, to go towards in-state marketing. We encourage joint applications as long as no individual contributor goes over the $275,000 cap. Joint applications would also be eligible for the 15% vs. $35,000 in-state marketing option.
- Everyone awarded co-op money last year (Round 2019) can also redirect any remaining balance they may have from Round 2019 to in-state marketing at 15% of the total remaining amount or $35,000, whichever is higher. If you are interested in doing this, please send me a revised project budget that I will attach to your application.
- All applicants currently working toward their final reports will be given leniency on their ROI metrics for any projects that have been negatively affected by the pandemic.
- 2020 Co-op Program Guidelines
- Co-op Extranet Application Program (Access your existing applications or apply for new money)
- In-state Marketing Options for Round 2020 Co-op Applications
- Utah Tourism Industry Metrics/Research
- Utah Brand Logos
- Board of Tourism Development
- Round 2017 Co-op Awards
- Round 2018 Co-op Awards
- Round 2019 Co-op Awards
Traditional Co-op Program Contact:
Kelly Day, Cooperative Marketing Manager