The mission of the Utah Cooperative Marketing Program is to leverage state and co-op partner funding
to attract out-of-state visitors to increase tourism expenditures
Stretch your out-of-state marketing dollars by partnering with the Utah Office of Tourism (UOT). Destination marketing organizations and non-profit tourism-related entities (in existence for one year or more) are eligible to apply for up to $250,000 in matching money for out-of-state promotions. The intent of the cooperative program is not only to market your project, area, or event but also to extend the brand of the state. We are excited to help fund your project and see the tourism and economic gains you and your organization can provide to the residents of Utah.
Typically an out-of-state marketing only program, the Co-op program now allows a portion of every application to include either 15% of the total project cost or up to $35,000, whichever amount is greater, to go towards in-state marketing. Joint applications are encouraged as long as no individual contributor goes over the $250,000 cap. Joint applications are also eligible for the 15% vs. $35,000 in-state marketing option.
To date, the UOT has funded 877 applications totaling $48,208,577 and extended the state’s brand to $96,517,154 in out-of-state marketing dollars, including the Forever Mighty® pilot program funding.
New applicants must attend a short webinar training to gain access to the application system. We invite returning applicants to participate in the training as a refresher course as well as to learn about new updates to the program. To be notified about the upcoming training webinar and additional co-op opportunities, please send an email to Kelly Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Traditional & Forever Mighty Co-op Program
- In-state Marketing Options for Round 2022 Co-op Applications – Coming soon
- All applicants currently working toward their final reports will be given leniency on their ROI metrics for any projects that have been negatively affected by the pandemic.
- 2022 Co-op Program Guidelines – Revised April 2022
- Training webinars begin in May 2022
- Round 2022 Applications Due – June 17, 2022
- Round 2022 Oral Interviews – July 11-13, 2022
- Round 2022 Awards Announced – August 12, 2022
- Co-op Extranet Application Program (Access your existing applications or apply for new money)
- Utah Tourism Industry Metrics/Research
- Utah Brand Logos
- Board of Tourism Development
- Co-op Legislation
- Round 2017 Co-op Awards
- Round 2018 Co-op Awards
- Round 2019 Co-op Awards
- Round 2020 Co-op Awards
- Round 2021 Traditional Co-op Awards
- Round 2021 Forever Mighty® Awards
- Round 2021 Traditional and Forever Mighty Revised Awards (Only includes awards that received increased funding)
Traditional Co-op Program Contact:
Kelly Day, Cooperative Marketing Manager